The long waited “proper” patch for Flight Simulator has finally been released, addressing countless issues that the community was anxious to be fixed. The patch notes are long:
- Optimized cockpit screen display when screens are not displayed on screen.
- New option available to control cockpit screen update frequency.
- Tweaked CPU thread priorities to reduce interruption of frame critical threads.
- Optimized loading system to reduce overall loading times.
- Optimized heavy airport scenes impact on CPU.
- Reduced the amount of GPU overdraw to improve GPU performance.
- Memory optimizations to reduce software memory footprint and improve performance on memory limited computers.
- Overall performance optimizations.
- Incoming ATC Azure speech has now three different voices.
- ATC voice gender is now based on the avatar of the pilot/copilot.
- Fix for the incorrect voice pack being used if the game is not localized in English and if the Windows Offline Text-to-Speech option is used.
- Filters and sorting have been improved in the marketplace.
- Manual cache layout has been improved and the download estimated time should now be correct.
- Improved support for gamepad navigation in many menus.
- Case sensitive search is now working properly in control screen.
- Search by axis in control screen has been fixed.
- Active pause button has been added in the toolbar.
- Pause button has been fixed in the Content manager.
- Improved wind turbulence simulation to reduce horizontal turbulences.
- Added simulation of low rpm piston engine vibrations on cockpit.
- Added simulation of water particles (rain/clouds) density in aerodynamics => generates vibrations flying through clouds or rain.
- Fixed wet surface friction and braking distances.
- Fixed live weather wind offset in higher latitude areas (America, Asia…) that was causing the 3kts Wind bug.
COCKPITS VISUALS AND ANIMATIONS
- Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX: AP buttons animations have been fixed.
- Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX, Beechcraft Bonanza G36, ICON A5: placards have been updated.
- Cessna 172 Skyhawk : compass texture have been improved.
- Zlin Savage Cub : tail wheel blur effect is now correctly triggered.
- Zlin Shock Ultra : arcs on airspeed indicator is correctly set.
- Zlin Shock Ultra : turbo mode has been removed from dashboard.
- Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner : MCP buttons visual improvements.
GENERAL AVIATION SYSTEMS
- Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX : propeller sound has been improved when RPM is changing.
- Cessna Longitude : AP altitude and speed management improvements.
- Cessna Longitude : auto throttle is now inhibited during take off and until 400 feet AGL.
- Daher TBM 930 : yaw damper is now automatically turned on when the AP is enabled.
- Beechcraft King Air 350i : windshield deicing is now working.
- ICON A5 : « incorrect heading indicator » notification is now correctly triggered.
- Zlin Shock Ultra : flaps now operate mechanically instead of electrically.
- Zlin Shock Ultra : trim management improvements.
- Cessna Citation CJ4 : reverse thrust has been removed.
- Cub Crafter X Cub : IAS AP mode is now working properly.
- Daher TBM 930 and Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX : PT6 engines shutdown duration has been increased.
GENERAL AVIATION AVIONICS
- Cessna Longitude : several knobs of the G5000 are now working.
- Beachcraft Baron G58, Beechcraft Bonanza G36, Cessna 172 Skyhawk G1000, Diamond DA40 NG : fixed missing ALT knob.
- Beechcraft King Air 350i : « menu » key is now working properly.
- Cessna 152 and 152 Aerobat : avionics state have been fixed using Honeycomb device battery switch.
- GNS 530 : flight plan display alignment has been fixed on the Garmin GNS 530.
- G1000 : automatically switches from NAV to LOC when needed.
- G1000 : ETE and ETA fixed wrong values.
- G1000/3000/3x : AP setup is no longer reset when enabling AP.
- G1000/3000/3x : fixed missing flight plan when the selected departure is coordinates on the world map.
- G3x : text size in « approach box » has been increased.
- G3x : approaches can now be selected and loaded.
- G3x : fixed bad information in nearest VOR page when unknown VOR is selected.
- General : AP behavior improvements.
- Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental : rear wheels steering has been fixed.
- Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental : pressing the battery button now always display the ON part.
- Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental : improved flaps deployment and retraction sequences.
- Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner : fixed auto–throttle not giving back control to the pilot when disabled.
- Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner : center tanks drain first when decreasing fuel quantity via fuel and payload menu.
- Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner : auto–throttle is now automatically disengaged when landing.
- Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner : auto–throttle now engages correctly during take off roll when conditions are met.
- Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner : alt intervention no longer needs to be pressed again when not needed.
- Airbus A320neo : automatic speed management improvements.
- Airbus A320neo : alpha floor condition is now correctly triggered.
- General : weight is better taken into account for V speed calculations.
- Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental : FMC now allows to activate approach without going to route page.
- Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental : approach VREF speeds are fixed.
- Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental : empty rectangles no longer displayed on the FMA.
- Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental : runways are now displayed in correct order in the FMC.
- Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental : cruise altitude no longer automatically filled in the FMC.
- Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner : LNAV and VNAV correctly displayed as armed in FMA when conditions are met.
- Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner : altitude target on MCP can no longer be set to negative values.
- Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner : auto–throttle mode no longer displayed on FMA when auto–throttle is disabled.
- Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner : fixed wrong flaps value displayed in the FMC take off page.
- Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner : target heading line on ND is no longer reset while in heading mode.
- Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner : direct-to flight plans can now be entered in the FMC.
- Airbus A320neo : target altitude can now be changed when AP is disabled.
- Airbus A320neo : armed modes no longer appear in boxes on the FMA.
- Airbus A320neo : flaps « FULL » indication instead of « F » on ECAM.
- Airbus A320neo : FMGS message « INVALID ENTRY » replaced by « NOT ALLOWED ».
- Airbus A320neo : FMGS now only displays arrival procedures corresponding to the selected runway.
- Airbus A320neo : FMGS now correctly displays ETA for approach points.
- Airbus A320neo : removed remaining waypoints on ND after selecting different approach procedures.
- Airbus A320neo : fixed heading bug alignment offset issue.
- Airbus A320neo : fixed missing runway in the perf page of FMGS when a departure runway is already selected.
- Airbus A320neo : fixed constraints flickering on ND.
- Airbus A320neo : FMGS block fuel indication now correctly initialized.
- Fixed freezes caused by glass cockpits.
- Travel to feature no longer disengages autopilot when used.
- Fixed 225°/3kt issue with inconsistent wind in game.
- Fixed issue with weather persistency on flight restart.
- Upgraded multiplayer servers.
- Rating display on bundles has been improved.
- Performance drop after downloading an item in marketplace has been removed.
- An addon purchased outside of the marketplace no longer has an impact on the “Installed” filter in the marketplace as it is considered as a “community” content.
- Addon purchased outside of the marketplace now also visible in the Content manager when online, and offline if downloaded in the community folder.
- 3rd Party content thumbnail display improved.
- Pause download during installation is fixed.
- Various typo fixes in multiple languages.
- Subtitles are now enabled by default.
- Subtitle option has been moved from Sound menu to Accessibility so users can set it during initial install.
- Remove rotation clamp on “Instrument cameras”.
- Pilot camera position can now be saved or reset.
- Fix leg completion trigger.
- Completionist achievement should now unlock when all activities have been completed.
- Detected buildings that intersect roads are now excluded.
- Longer bridges are less prone to having a gap.
- UK city houses models should no longer appear in US suburbs.
- “In The Wild” Achievement can now be unlocked