Another month, another release from Burning Blue Design! The prolific studio continues to put out nice-looking UK airfields for Microsoft Flight Simulator, an impressive feat considering that they’ve been doing it this year on a nearly monthly basis. This time, Burning Blue Design (BBD) offers MSFS simmers the chance to visit a highly-detailed rendition of Solent Airfield (EGHF), on the south coast of England.
Solent Airfield began its history over 100 years ago as a naval seaplane training school. Eventually, it became a site for hovercraft trials, developing a rich history with these machines that led to the creation of a museum that currently hosts the largest hovercraft collection in the world!
Nowadays, Solent Airport is a busy civilian airfield that’s home to a flight school, the HM Coastguard Search and Rescue, and Spitfires.com.
Burning Blue Design has been making some stunning airfields for MSFS and the newly released Solent Airport is no exception. This is another beautiful work from the team, built based on many on-site visits and with the collaboration of pilots based at the airfield. Check the impressive list of features below:
- Over 200 custom 3D objects each with full Physical Based Rendering (PBR) textures.
- Based on 2022 layout with accurate runways, taxiways and custom taxi signs
- Highly detailed control tower, café and hangar interiors
- Animated hangar doors which close at night (open manually with Taxi Lights):
- Phoenix Aviation Hangar – Parking 2
- Hangar P – Parking 29
- ATAviation Hangar – Parking 37
- Hangar F – Parking 44
- 3 Helipads
- Completely custom windsock and dynamic animated flags
- Animated spectators
- Optimised to blend in with local Photogrammetry
- Real-life static aircraft seen at Solent:
- Phoenix Aviation Ikarus C42 (G-OKTA and G-PAPI) and Piper PA-28 Warrior II (G-BOHA)
- Britten-Norman Trilander and Defenders
- HM Coastguard AgustaWestland AW169 (G-MCGO)
- Supermarine Spitfire Mk IX’s (G-ILDA and G-IRTY)
- Cessna C152 Mike Charlie (G-ATMC)
- Accurate night lighting and dynamic weather compatibility
- Enhanced high resolution colour corrected ground textures
- Local features fully modelled, including:
- Daedalus sculpture in Queen Elizabeth II Platinum Jubilee Park
- Beach-front huts and groynes
- CEMAST and CETC colleges
- Faraday and Daedalus Business Parks
- Daedalus Converter Station
It’s quite a list indeed, so you should definitely be happy with the end result! Solent Airfield is now available for MSFS, priced at £14.95 through Burning Blue Design’s website.
See below the previous two releases from Burning Blue Design: