Turtle Beach has unveiled this week two new flight simulation products for simmers to add to their setup. After last year’s release of the VelocityOne Flight system for PC and Xbox, Turtle Beach is now expanding the VelocityOne product series with a set of rudder pedals and a stand to help users securely mount the whole setup.
Let’s start with VelocityOne Rudder Pedals, the complementary flight control system to VelocityOne Flight. Rudder Pedals feature two dual pedal configurations for use with light or heavy aircraft, with a smooth rudder axis and non-contact hall-effect sensors on all axes for fluid movements.
Turtle Beach claims that prospective users of Rudder Pedals will be able to perform tight turns and precise breaking, thanks to the implementation of differential brakes. VelocityOne Rudder Pedals are now available for pre-order, but they will cost you… $299.99. The launch is expected on October 31, with PC and Xbox compatibility.
As for VelocityOne Stand, it’s essentially a pre-built structure that will allow owners of Turtle Beach’s flight sim products to mount them all in one place. The good thing is that Stand seems to offer enough versatility to be compatible with other third-party hardware.
VelocityOne Stand has an adjustable design with quick-release clamps for easy and smooth height, angle, and length adjustments, plus tilt adjustments for the upper and lower mounting platforms. It’s also built in solid steel, which should help keep all the equipment securely mounted.
The VelocityOne Stand is also available for pre-order today, but it will come later than the Rudder Pedals. The estimated launch is in December, with pre-order pricing set at $199.99 MSRP.
Turtle Beach hopes that these two new products will provide an additional immersive environment for existing owners of the VelocityOne Flight system, but also draw the attention of users most familiar with other popular products from competing brands.
If you’re looking to expand your flight simulation setup, these two new products may be worth checking out! See below the complete feature list for VelocityOne Rudder Pedals and Stand.
VelocityOne Rudder Pedals features:
- Ultra-Smooth Rudder Axis: A single, return-to-center axis provides fluid, low-friction precision forward and backward movement for accurate directional control. Friction-free linear bearings allow for smooth, accurate and maintenance free operation. Two sets of swappable springs for the main rudder axis provide additional adjustability to set the perfect feel.
- Differential Brakes: The spring-loaded brake pedals deliver precise runway braking control, or steering assist when pressing one pedal at a time.
- Swappable Pedals: Two sets of interchangeable pedals swap out easily and provide realistic replication of light aircraft or airliner style pedals.
- Adjustable Pedal Width: Adjustable pedal width accommodates a wide range of users, and plane types. Plus, when not in use, the adjustable footprint provides convenient storage.
- Precise, Long-Lasting Axes: Non-contact hall-effect sensors on all axes deliver high-resolution data and longer product life over standard potentiometers.
- Stable Mounting Solutions: Sturdy metal construction with rubber pads and carpet grips on the bottom provide a stable base on a wide range of surfaces and has pre-drilled holes for permanent mounting to existing home cockpits.
- Universal PC Compatibility: Plug the two-meter USB-C to USB-A cable directly into the PC to add VelocityOne Rudder Pedals to your existing setup.
- Take Flight on Xbox: Press the mode button to switch from PC to Xbox Series X|S & Xbox One using the included pass-through cable. Requires the VelocityOne Flight Universal Control System to work on Xbox consoles.
VelocityOne Stand features:
- Adjustable Design: Utilizing quick-release clamps, the VelocityOne Stand allows for precision height, angle, and length adjustments, plus tilt adjustments for the upper and lower mounting platforms.
- Solid Steel Build: A durable steel build keeps simulation accessories securely mounted, plus VelocityOne-specific & universal style mounting holes allow for permanent installation of simulation accessories.
- Universal Compatibility: The VelocityOne Stand is built for the VelocityOne Flight Universal Control System and VelocityOne Rudder Pedals, and works with most other third-party yokes, racing wheels, rudder pedals, and racing pedals.
- Fold-Flat Design: VelocityOne Stand folds flat without the need to remove any accessories, allowing you to keep your setup installed but stow it away conveniently.
- Reversible: Versatile design lets you reverse the orientation of the main shaft depending on your preference.
- Adjustable Rubber Feet: Anti-wobble rubber feet are adjustable to ensure the VelocityOne Stand stays firmly planted.