PacSim (Pacific Islands Simulation) has finally released the much-awaited Incheon International Airport (RKSI) for Microsoft Flight Simulator. This project has been in development for quite a while but it’s now finally available for simmers to use during their East Asia incursions. It’s a massive scenery that includes not only an extremely detailed rendition of RKSI itself, but also of a comprehensive area around the airport!
Incheon Airport is the main airport serving South Korea and the primary hub for the country’s capital, Seoul. Despite its huge size and bustling activity, RKSI has consistently ranked very high on many quality standards for airports around the world, including best airport awards, best security, best international transit airport, and more.
Incheon International Airport was designed to serve as a major hub in Northeast Asia, a role that it has played perfectly since its inauguration in 2001. With 4 active runways, all capable of handling the largest cargo and passenger airliners in the world and certified for CAT IIIA landings, you will find here all you need for those long-haul flights to and from Asia, especially flying under the Korean Air or Asiana Airlines colors, which operate large hubs at RKSI.
PacSim has put a lot of work in this scenery, and it shows. The levels of visual detail are fantastic nearly everywhere you see. Besides, there are plenty of things to see beyond the airport, as the developers also went the extra mile to recreate the nearby Songdo City and major parts of Incheon City buildings and skyscrapers. Even the impressive bridge connecting the airport’s island to the mainland has been accurately represented.
For those looking to understand the differences between this new version for MSFS and the old P3D version, apart from creating terminals and concourse from scratch, PacSim also added new taxiways, runways (16 L/R-34 L/R), overnight parking, new deicing zones, new Cool Cargo Center midfield, and 3 types of Video Docking Guidance System (VDGS) typical to Terminal 1 (Safetdock T1), Terminal 2 (AIDA) and Concourse (Honeywell).
See below the full feature list and accompanying preview images, which should give you a good idea of what to expect with this impressive product!
Incheon International Airport is available now from PacSim’s website, priced at $28.99. A Marketplace release is likely for the near future!
PacSim’s Incheon Airport features for MSFS:
- Latest Sim Update (SU10) tested product;
- Accurate Terminal 1 and new Terminal 2 buildings, Concourse, hangars, towers, freight buildings and airport layout;
- Accurate Songdo City and major parts of Incheon City buildings/skyscrapers;
- Custom Animated Jetways;
- 3 type Video Docking Guidance System (VDGS) programmed to all gates at Terminal 1 (Safedock T1), Terminal 2 (AIDA) and Concourse (Honeywell);
- Latest High Resolution (7cm-30cm pixel) orthoimagery replacing MS version (Covers the whole Incheon Island);
- Accurate hand-placed autogen (vegetation) that conforms with city, town, district, parking, and farm grids;
- Incheon Bridge connecting Incheon Intl Airport (Yeongjong Island) with mainland. (South Korea’s longest bridge);
- Fully optimized for smooth simulation experience;
- New taxiways, runways (16 L/R-34 L/R)
- New overnight north parking;
- New deicing zones at north and midfield;
- New Cool Cargo Center for refrigerated freight at midfield;
- Added realistic coastlines using correct blending techniques;
- Added wharf, fuel tank farms and buildings at coastal areas near Songdo and Incheon Island.
- Added buildings and high rises at Incheon Island and near airport;
- Added airport fire stations (south, east and west areas of the airfield);
- Added airport catering buildings and service/maintenance buildings;
- Added grunge work showing tire markings on runways and taxiways;