Burning Blue Design is out with another small UK airfield for Microsoft Flight Simulator. Redhill Aerodrome (EGKR), located just to the north of Gatwick Airport, expands the current range of airports from the team and offers simmers the opportunity to explore Greater London from a quaint and grassy airfield.
Like many other British airfields, Redhill was an important asset for the war effort during World War II, becoming a training school and fighter base with multiple Spitfire squadrons stationed during the war. After the war, it returned to civilian use, and offers today a range of commercial services.
Helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft are a common sight at Redhill, either privately-owned aircraft or under the services of the National Police Air Service or the Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex. These aircraft operate with a few choices for runways, all of them in grass.
Redhill Aerodrome is another charming UK airfield, now brought to life in MSFS by the hands of Burning Blue Designs. The team visited the airfield to gather the necessary information in order to authentically recreate the aerodrome in Microsoft Flight Simulator.
This work includes a wide range of custom 3D models (over 170 in total), a highly-detailed control tower and hangar interiors, and an up-to-date layout that reflects the current status of the airfield. A few cool animations can also be found in places, such as hangar doors that close at night and custom a windsock.
Redhill Aerodrome is available now from Burning Blue Designs’ website, priced at £12.95.
As a side note, the team is also working on EGHR Goodwood Aerodrome for MSFS, which was announced last month and is still in an early development stage. Stay tuned for further news about that one!
- Over 170 custom 3D objects each with full Physical Based Rendering (PBR) textures
- Based on 2022 layout with accurate runways, taxiways and custom taxi signs
- Highly detailed control tower and hangar interiors
- Animated hangar doors which close at night (Parking spot 7 – open manually with Taxi Lights)
- Completely custom windsock and dynamic animated flags
- Dynamic visitors change depending on the time of day
- Real-life static aircraft based at Redhill
- Full night lighting and dynamic weather compatibility
- Enhanced high-resolution colour corrected ground textures