iniScene is back with another airport release for Microsoft Flight Simulator. iniBuilds’ in-house scenery development studio, which recently launched the world’s largest rooftop airport – the iconic Hooper Heliport, in LA – has now traveled to the state of Texas to bring us a detailed rendition of San Antonio International Airport (KSAT).
The site currently occupied by KSAT has a history that goes back to WWII, when the USAF began using the airfield as training grounds for future pilots. After the war, the airport became available for civilian use, ending up in the large regional infrastructure it is today.
Nowadays, San Antonio Airport serves national and international flights across more than 50 destinations in the continental United States and Mexico. With more than 10 million passengers per year, it’s a relatively busy airport in Texas, with routes to Dallas/Forth Worth, Atlanta, Denver, and more.
iniScene is now bringing a nicely-detailed rendition of KSAT for Microsoft Flight Simulator, built by the team in close collaboration with the City of San Antonio and Airport Operations. They managed to gather important data directly from those who manage and work in the airport, looking to offer MSFS simmers the most accurate and detailed version of this airport yet for Flight Simulator.
The result seems to be a truly complete package, featuring not only highly detailed airport buildings and textures but also plenty of attention on the land side, with thousands of hand-placed cars, parking lots, custom ground decals, signposts, vegetation, and much more.
Check the complete feature list below to learn more about the comprehensive details that iniScene has put into this scenery. KSAT San Antonio International Airport is available now, priced at $20. Expect a release in the Marketplace soon, since this airport has been compiled with Xbox simmers in mind!
Full Features List:
- Hand-made ground polygons with crisp, bespoke texture sets (Runways, aprons, paths, roads)
- Thousands of hand-placed custom car models
- True-to-life airport land side recreation with custom ground decals, signposts, vegetation, parking lots and more
- Accurately modelled and positioned dynamic airport lighting
- Hand-placed, high-definition vegetation, signage, ground clutter, vehicles, handling objects and more which have been custom-modelled in house by the iniScene team
- Bespoke taxi signage as it is in the real world
- Highly detail models of all airport buildings, objects and surroundings
- Main airport terminal interior with lighting and custom objects
- Use of the latest MSFS SDK features to allow for the best optimisation and performance possible 30cm/px satellite imagery which has been hand corrected and colour blended to MSFS’ Bing satellite data
- Custom built jetways with stand signs and airline logos per spot, PBR texturing and animations
- Accurate logos and real-world decals scattered throughout the airport to promote a true to life feeling
- Custom dynamic ground handling vehicles integrated over updates, to start we’ve included our custom pushback tug, that replaces the default Asobo Pushback vehicle at San Antonio exclusively
- Level of Detail (LOD) optimisation for every model to encourage the best performance possible
- Compiled and optimised for Xbox Series X and S
- Detailed, custom terminal interior model
- Windshield rain effects for the terminal, and other assets around the vicinity
- Animated palm trees at both entry ways to the terminal (roadside)
- Detailed fire and rescue station with interior, along with true to KSAT fire engines
- Custom ground handling/workers positions and spawn parameters on all parking spots