This week’s Marketplace update in Microsoft Flight Simulator brought a couple of exciting releases for the console crowd. The F-35 Lightning II (Indiafoxtecho) and the Discus-2c Premium (Got Friends) have been released in the in-sim store for both PC and Xbox!
Both of these aircraft have been available for PC simmers from third-party stores. The F-35 was released earlier this year, while the Discus-2c Premium has been out for just a few weeks. The big news today is that both are now available for Xbox, each with their own cool features that simmers will surely love to try. After all, the F-35 is capable of vertical takeoffs and landings, while the Discus-2c is now the first glider that Xbox simmers can take to the skies in MSFS.
Starting with the F-35, it’s been a long time coming, as Indiafoxtecho struggled to bring the airplane to the Xbox with as many features as possible. That has finally happened this week, but with a few caveats that are worth noticing: external textures have been downgraded from 8K to 4K resolution, and the Primary Control Display is a bit more limited in terms of configuration. Also, the TFLIR, DAS, and ASR modes are not available.
Other than that, Xbox pilots should enjoy a very similar experience to those on PC. Obviously, the Marketplace version doesn’t include any weapon pylons, which were just there for aesthetics anyway. But all three variants are there, including the STOVL-capable F-35B.
The F-35 Lightning II is available now in the Marketplace for Xbox, priced at $29.99.
As for the other new aircraft in the Marketplace, the Discus-2c, it’s a very fun aircraft that can easily be considered the best glider currently available for MSFS. It’s also now the first glider for the Xbox, which is a highlight on its own as it will bring to the console a flying experience that was absent from the simulator until now.
Like the F-35, the Discus-2c comes to the console with a few shortcomings due to some persisting limitations that are inherent to the requirements of developing for the Xbox. The now infamous WASM limitations prevent a few of the coolest features of the Discus from being available, such as Multiplayer Towing, the FLARM, and winch scenery objects and rope. Thankfully, Winch Launching is available and directly integrated into the cockpit.
Got Friends advises simmers to fully close MSFS after installing the Discus-2c from the Marketplace, in order to load the custom Thermal Activated Weather Presets, which were designed to provide the atmospheric conditions that enable gliders to stay aloft.
The Discus-2c is definitely one of the most unique and fun aircraft to take to the skies in MSFS, and it’s available now in the Marketplace for just $14.99.
In other releases this week, we call your attention to a variety of new scenery customization options, which mainly include new airports from a selection of talented developers. As always, check the full list of new releases below!
- DISCUS-2C (GOT FRIENDS) – $14.99 (PC/Xbox)
- F-35 LIGHTNING II (INDIAFOXTECHO) – $29.99 (Xbox)
- A320 LIVERY RETRO PACK 2 (DC SCENERY DESIGN) – $5.99 (PC/Xbox)
- BOEING 747 SOUNDPRO + LIVERY (BREDOK3D) – $9.99 (PC/Xbox)
- OCEANIA LIVERIES PACK A320 (IMPULSE SIMULATIONS) – $6.49 (PC/Xbox)
- LANDMARKS MELBOURNE CITY PACK (ORBX) – $12.99 (PC)
- NEW ORLEANS NIGHT ENHANCED (DREAMSCENERY) – $9.99 (PC/Xbox)
- EGLF FARNBOROUGH AIRPORT (BURNING BLUE DESIGN) – $31.99 (PC/Xbox)
- EPRZ RZESZOW AIRPORT (DRZEWIECKI DESIGN) – $16.49 (PC/Xbox)
- GCLP GRAN CANARIA AIRPORT (SIM-WINGS) – $19.99 (PC/Xbox)
- KBMI CENTRAL ILLINOIS AIRPORT (MSFSCENERYBUILDERS) – $12.99 (PC/Xbox)
- KMMS SELFS AIRPORT (RMSTUDIOS) – $5.49 (PC)
- KOMA OMAHA-EPPLEY AIRFIELD (VERTICALSIM) – $17.99 (PC/Xbox)
- LFLY LYON-BRON AIRPORT (REDWING) – $18.99 (Xbox)
- LGSA CHANIA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (AEROSOFT) – $19.99 (Xbox)
- LLBG BEN GURION AIRPORT (DAVID ROSENFELD) – $21.49 (PC/Xbox)
- LSGT GRUYERES AIRPORT (REDWING) – $9.99 (Xbox)
- MKJS SANGSTER INTERNATIONAL (FINAL APPROACH SIMULATIONS) – $14.99 (PC/Xbox)
- PHNY LANAI AIRPORT (NORTHERN SKY STUDIO) – $11.99 (PC/Xbox)