Burning Blue Design has released a charming new little UK airfield for Microsoft Flight Simulator. Denham Aerodrome, located to the west of London just by the M25, is now available for general aviation pilots looking to expand the range of bespoke aerodromes near England’s capital.
EGLD Denham Aerodrome has a rich history that goes back nearly 100 years. As with almost every other British airfield, Denham Aerodrome played an important role during both World Wars, serving as a flight training school. Besides those specific points in time when Denham had to play its role in the war effort, the airfield has mostly been used for general aviation.
Nowadays, Denham Aerodrome is a friendly aviation community comprised of several aviation-related businesses, which include flight training in airplanes and helicopters, filming operators, maintenance facilities, and more. Due to its location in Greater London, it’s an excellent starting point to go visit the city, but beware of the busy airspace!
Burning Blue Design has now released this lovely little airfield to MSFS in great detail, brought to life thanks to on-site visits by the artists and coders in the team and with close collaboration from actual pilots based in the aerodrome.
The developers recreated Denham Aerodrome with over 80 custom objects, made exclusively for this scenery, replicating many of the real-world features of this location. MSFS simmers will find a detailed control tower with working analog instruments, a custom windsock, dynamic objects and visitors that change during the day, and a few custom static aircraft.
- Over 80 custom 3D objects have been created exclusively for Denham Aerodrome, each with full Physical Based Rendering (PBR) textures.
- Enhanced high-resolution colour corrected ground textures.
- Highly detailed control tower and café interiors.
- Working analog weather instrument in control room.
- Completely custom ‘hanging-style’ windsock.
- Dynamic objects and visitors change depending on the time of day.
- Numerous custom aircraft have been added around Denham to enhance the realism and better reflect actual aircraft found at the airfield:
- De Havilland Chipmunk
- ‘The Pilot Centre’ Cessna 152’s
- Robinson R44 (HQ Aviation)
- Correct AI pattern procedures and accurate taxiway and runway placement.