Got Friends kickstarted 2022 with the release of a new glider for Microsoft Flight Simulator, the Discus-2c. This freeware aircraft has allowed glider pilots to soar in the skies of MSFS with no external apps, since it includes a built-in Winch Launch Control system and even some special weather presets designed to generate thermals.
Got Friends planned from the start to improve upon that freeware glider with a “premium” version, with additional features, customization options, and so on, aiming for a release in the Marketplace for PC and Xbox users. This premium version now appears to be almost ready, as we get the first image previews and a more detailed feature list.
The Premium Discus-2c will be packed with exclusive features, starting with an improved 3D model and textures, a tablet, a sustainer motor, built-in towing compatibility, wing wheels, and even working circuit breakers, among many other cool things.
The freeware Discus-2c is also expected to get some of the new stuff that’s being implemented on the Premium one, such as in-game checklists, a new oxygen tank system, and some new effects.
See below the full list of expected Premium features at this time. Got Friends expects the Premium Discus-2c to be available through flightsim.to in early June, which is also when the freeware version will be updated. The Marketplace launch should take a little longer, currently expected for late June.
Got Friends is now putting this new and improved version of its glider through a beta testing period, hoping to put it through its paces and squash any remaining bugs before the release. For now, enjoy these first preview shots of this beautiful glider!
On a side note, Got Friends has also revealed that the Stemme S12-G, another glider announced earlier this year, is now put on hold.
List of Expected Premium Features:
- New 18m FES Varient
- V80 Variometer (FES & Standard)
- Front Electric Sustainer Motor (FES)
- FES FCU Control Panel (FES)
- Tablet (Toggle Available Options) (FES & Standard)
- Built-In Tow Compatibility (No Kinetic Assistant Required) (FES & Standard)
- Custom Sounds (FES & Standard)
- Custom FES Animations on Start-Up/Shutdown (FES)
- Launch Radio Comms (FES & Standard)
- Built-In Cable Visuals (No Kinetic Assistant Required) (FES & Standard)
- Modified LX Navigation and GPS Navigation Systems (FES & Standard)
- Working Circuit Breakers (FES & Standard)
- Wing Wheels (FES)
- New Liveries (FES & Standard)
- Customizable Canopy Tint Colors (FES & Standard)
List of Expected Premium and Freeware Features:
- In-Game Checklist (FES, Standard & Freeware)
- New Default Thermal Activated Freeplay Weather Preset (FES, Standard & Freeware)
- New Oxygen Tank System (FES, Standard & Freeware)
- Add Vorticies Effects (FES, Standard & Freeware)
Marketplace Releases & Estimate Release:
- Flightsim.to (Early June 2022)
- Freeware Update (Early June 2022)
- Official Marketplace & Xbox (Late June 2022)