ST Simulations recently presented us with a charming rendition of their first Alpine airport, Bovec Airport, in Slovenia. Now, the team is looking to continue offering new spots for pilots flying in this region, with the release of their brand new airport, this time in the Swiss Alps: St. Stephan Airport (LSTS) is now available for MSFS pilots to use as they discover the beautiful and challenging mountainscapes in Switzerland!
St. Stephan Airport is located deep in a valley in the Swiss Alps. Throughout its life, it served mostly as a military base (it’s actually still owned by the Swiss Air Force), but there are a few civilian flying clubs that offer recreational flights to aviation enthusiasts.
This may be a relatively calm airfield, but the 2050m-long runway does provide a long surface for some bigger airplanes and fighter jets to use. Interestingly, six F/A-18s from the Swiss Air Force landed on the airfield in 2019 as part of an exercise, a testament to St. Stephan’s capabilities to handle more than the typical GA airplanes often seen in the Alps.
For this new scenery, ST Simulations promises another accurate rendition of the airport, with plenty of custom buildings and animations that make use of high-resolution PBR textures. There’s even some interior modeling in the main hangar.
On a final note, ST Simulations told us that they are already working on the next projects for MSFS. These will be LTFG Gazipasa-Alanya Airport, in Turkey, and BIAR Akureyri Airport, in Iceland.
- Custom Hangar of the St. Stephan Airport with interior details
- Custom Military Bunkers
- Custom Watch Tower with interior
- Many Airport Buildings
- Custom Event Tents
- Custom Animated Flags
- Animated doors for main hangar(can be opened with Taxi light)
- Highly Detailed Textures, Physically Based Rendering (PBR), Reflective and Realistic Textures
- Realistic and Highly Detailed Representation of the Airport
- Realistic Runway Markings
- A lot of custom objects, models and details for the environment