Just Flight may be just about to release a brand new airliner for MSFS, but that hasn’t stopped the team from working on a variety of different projects. Besides aircraft and other great pieces of software for flight simulation, the British studio also creates new airports from time to time, like Palma De Mallorca Airport, released about half a year ago.
This week, Just Flight payed a visit to the US West Coats and released San Luis Obispo Regional Airport, a small airport nicely located between San Francisco and Los Angeles.
San Luis Obispo Regional Airport (KSBP) sees plenty of General Aviation traffic throughout the year, but the airport also plays an important role for the surrounding community by offering a few commercial flights to major cities like Phoenix, Dallas, Seattle, Los Angeles, or San Francisco.
Small airplane pilots will naturally enjoy this nice stopover as they tour the California coast, while commercial pilots will find KSBP to be a good airport to use for short regional hops in the CRJ or Embrajer E-Jets, common sights in the real-world airport.
Just Flight promises a highly accurate and detailed rendition of KSBP for Microsoft Flight Simulator, making use of all the features the platform has to offer for scenery creators. These include animated elements like boarding gates, windsocks and flags, extensive use of PBR textures in every object, realistic ground markings, and more.
See below the full feature list to have an idea of the quality to expect in this brand new MSFS airport from Just Flight. There’s also a trailer video showing the scenery in more detail!
Just Flight’s San Luis Obispo Regional Airport is now available from the developer’s website, priced at just $17.99.
– High resolution modelling of interior in the terminal and FBO
– Detailed modelling of all hangars and buildings
– Animated boarding gates
– Meticulous focus on details, creating an immersive experience at the airport
– Realistic markings and obstructions on and around the airport
– Custom animated and weather-responsive elements such as windsocks and flags
– Realistic AI behaviour
– Complete night lighting environment for the entire airport area
– Enhanced grass and vegetation on and around the airport
– Tested and validated by actual residents and aviators from the SLO county airport community
– Fully designed for MSFS with hand-crafted PBR textures for every object, creating realistic depth, roughness, shadows and highlights