Aerosoft releases stunning rendition of Nuremberg Airport for MSFS
Here’s something we don’t see every day. Three established development studios got together to create something truly special: a highly authentic and lively rendition of Nuremberg Airport, in Germany. It’s one of the best-looking airports yet for Microsoft Flight Simulator!
Captain7, 29Palms and LimeSim are the folks responsible for this re-creation of Nuremberg Airport (EDDN), with the help of Aerosoft in the publishing and marketing efforts. The end result is a very impressive new scenery that features not only a realistic representation of the airport itself but also includes a huge number of animations that create a very lively atmosphere!
Nuremberg Airport is an important infrastructure in the Bavaria region of Germany, where it’s the second busiest airport, after Munich. Actually, considering the whole country, EDDN is even among the 10 busiest airports, serving an average of 4 million passengers per year in the last 15 years.
With plenty of domestic routes but also some seasonal flights to holiday destinations in Southern Europe (such as Spain, greatly enhanced in the latest World Update), there’s a good variety of flights that simmers can recreate while enjoying a very authentic atmosphere in Nuremberg.
Captain7, 29Palms and LimeSim call this a “state-of-the-art” product, and it shows. The trailer video and product images look fantastic, showing very realistic modeling and textures throughout the whole scenery, with impressive use of lighting and, of course, those countless animations that totally bring this scenery to life.
If you’re still enjoying World Update 6, which brought plenty of new content to Germany, then definitely check out this beautiful rendition of Nuremberg Airport, a great new airport to explore Southern Germany and even set out discovering Central Europe with all its famous points of interest.
EDDN Nuremberg Airport is now available for MSFS, priced at around €20.00.
- Highly realistic rendition of Nuremberg Airport based on most recent data
- Highly detailed buildings with internal modelling of the terminal and Hangar 2
- Sloped runway and taxiways based on real world data
- Accurate taxiway, apron and stands layout
- Includes the newly build P4 car park
- Custom aerial image covering the airport area
- Custom taxiway signage
- Realistic materials (depiction of reflective/non reflective materials, bump maps…)
- Realistic night time dynamic lighting
- Using the new MSFS airport lighting system for taxiways with custom made models for this airport
- Smart features like:
- Animated jetways
- Moving custom ground traffic with proper animations, lighting and sounds
- Animated characters
- Upgraded service definition file (e.g., stairways available at gates that don’t have jetway)
- Open / Close FAI gate
- Static aircraft with proper liveries and registrations
MSFS Addons is reader-supported. When you buy through links on this page, we may earn an affiliate commission. Thank you!