RegDesigns may be a small and recently-formed development studio, but it has already proven to be one of the best in the business. Each of their previous product, such as CZBA Burlington Executive Airport, has shown remarkable authenticity and attention to detail. Now, this Canadian team is looking to put their talent to good use in the re-creation of Canada’s largest and busiest airport: CYYZ Toronto Pearson Airport.
With 5 runways, 2 Terminals, and numerous other cargo and maintenance facilities, Toronto Pearson International Airport is an absolutely massive infrastructure, handling over 50 million passengers before the pandemic hit in 2019.
RegDesigns announced the development of this airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator, with a project that now appears well underway for a release in the near future. The team shared a series of simply stunning screenshots of the product, along with a teaser video, with both showing the beautiful modeling, texturing, and overall quality that is being put into this scenery for MSFS.
RegDesigns didn’t reveal an estimated release date, but the product page is already live on their website with a few details and even the price: $19.95 USD. A list of features is already available, pointing to an accurate replica of the airport, detailed interior modeling, static airplanes, and much more.
This looks to be another impressive new airport for RegDesigns, the largest ever from the team. If they manage to implement here the level of quality that we saw with previous releases, this might mark the entrance of RegDesigns into the small selection of big-game airport developers, those who tackled the big International airports in the world with great quality and authenticity. Definitely worth keeping an eye on!
- Accurate replica of Toronto Pearson International Airport
- Accurate modelling from original images, personal experiences, aerial photography, and other sources
- Common roads around airfield modeled
- Nearby trenches and fields modeled
- Accurate modelling of the interior design)
- Correct runway elevations (per CFS))
- Airport lighting (per CFS)
- Correct runway dirt, lines, and markings
- 3D Glass with Dynamic Rain
- Volumetric night lighting
- Highly detailed airport environment
- Static airplane models
- Correct PAPI angles
- Hangar interiors
- Custom ground textures