As promised, SC Designs released today its F-16 Fighting Falcon for MSFS, the first product from this sister studio of DC Designs. This package comes with three models of the aircraft, the C, D and I variants.
SC Designs has built the F-16 from the ground-up to be a fully VR-ready aircraft, available in 11 liveries and with front and rear cockpit positions on the D and I variants. All models feature realistic night lighting, animations, effects, and a custom WWise soundtrack recorded from a real-world aircraft.
In line with DC Designs previous products for MSFS, SC Designs says this simulation of the F-16 for MSFS is an accessible aircraft that has been designed to be enjoyed without the need for an intense study. So, expect a fairly detailed overall experience, but not as in-depth as to have to read the real flight manual. However, SC Designs provides a handy operations manual with everything you need to know to take the most out of the F-16.
As for the cockpit, it’s a fully 3-dimensional environment that includes a head-up display, FLIR display, terrain-following radar, reflections, icing, and rain effects.
The SC Designs F-16 C, D and I package is now available for MSFS, priced at £24.99 / €29.95 / $34.99.
Note that this F-16 package is currently not compatible with Xbox. It will eventually be made available on the MSFS Marketplace, but with no visible weapons, so make sure to buy outside the Marketplace if you’re looking to see the F-16 equipped with all its might.
Fully native MSFS aircraft
- All models have been coded with Microsoft Flight Simulator native ‘Model Behaviors’ animations and built to MSFS operational specifications
- All custom cockpit instruments and screens are coded in HTML for native, high-performance display in MSFS
- The Falcons make use of the new simulator’s features such as effects and sounds, fully reflective glass, native aerodynamic sound structures, the new ‘Modern’ aerodynamics system with the ability to provoke ‘departure spins’, and customised visibility controls for wheel chocks, covers, and boarding ladder. The Falcons also contain custom-built and animated effects such as afterburners.
- Other features include authentic cockpit night lighting with brightness controls, and custom-coded manoeuvring flaps and slats
- Numerous external animations including canopy, crew ladder, tail hook and control surfaces
- The F-16 Falcons are fully compliant with Virtual Reality headsets
- Full custom WWise sound set
- Truly 3D virtual cockpits featuring accurately modelled ejector seats, controls and detailed texturing
- All analogue instruments constructed in 3D with smooth animations
- ‘Scratched canopy’ glass effects, reflective glass, icing and rain effects
- Front and rear cockpit positions included in the D and I variants
- Fully customisable crew helmets, names, flight suit patches and even faces
- 3D modelled dials, ADI, ‘whiskey’ compass and other high-detail instruments designed to emulate the appearance of the real F-16 Fighting Falcon
- Display screens with visual layouts based on the real aircraft’s systems (within the confines of MSFS’ current capability)
- Head-Up Display with authentic layout based on the real F-16C
- Custom-coded, user-controlled ordnance via the simulator Payload Manager, allowing for live mounting of weapons on hardpoints with active weight increase (non-Marketplace edition only)
- F-16C Falcon systems include auto-trim system, Forward Looking Infra-Red display, Terrain Following Radar mode and full Autopilot and navigation system
MSFS Addons is reader-supported. When you buy through links on this page, we may earn an affiliate commission. Thank you!