LatinVFR releases MCAS Miramar scenery for MSFS
LatinVFR continues very active in the creation of scenery enhancements for Microsoft Flight Simulator. After airports such as Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood and Barajas, or the AREX series, the team has launched today a new airport, MCAS Miramar (KNKX), the legendary home of the TOPGUN training program, made famous by the movie with the same name.
MCAS Miramar is currently home to the 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing, the major West Coast aviation unit of the United States Marine Corps. It is, therefore, an airbase of extreme importance for the US, where many military aircraft can be seen either flying or parked on the tarmac.
LatinVFR has now recreated this iconic airport for MSFS, which the team says has been developed to reflect the current layout and features, with realistic buildings and highly detailed textures and ground markings.
Obviously, with the amount of aircraft that is regularly seen in MCAS Miramar, LatinVFR includes a variety of static aircraft, such as F-35’s, F-18’s, MV-22 Osprey, CH-53E and KC-130J Hercules. The addition of these models definitely adds to the level of immersion here, and they appear to be quite accurate, judging from the official product images.
MCAS Miramar KNKX from LatinVFR is now available directly from the developer’s website, priced at just $8.99. It’s also available through Simmarket.
- Hand made and detailed PBR ground markings and textures according to the most recent airport situation.
- Hand made, Realistic airport buildings using MSFS PBR materials.
- Realistic airport lighting.
- Real world static aircraft, F-35’s, F-18’s, MV-22 Osprey, CH-53E and the KC-130J Hercules as located in the airfield.
- Taxi signs, runway signage according to real world.
- And much more!
I find the website good.