Thrustmaster announced last September the first officially licensed Boeing yoke and throttle quadrant, inspired by the Boeing 787 Dreamliner. As promised, Thrustmaster unveiled today the full product specifications, and opened up pre-orders ahead of the expected availability just before Christmas, on December 23.
The TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition includes a replica of the 787 yoke and quadrant, built in close collaboration with Boeing. With the goal of realistically recreating the hands-on experience that real pilots get operating the aircraft, Thrustmaster is promising some innovative features, such as the pendular design on the yoke that should offer an authentic Boeing feel.
Here’s the list of most important features of this new Thrustmaster yoke:
- A historic and unique partnership with Boeing (officially licensed product)
- 1:1 scale ergonomic replica inspired by the Boeing 787 yoke
- Unique pendular system replicating the real Boeing yoke’s pendular sensation
- Realistic amplitude and kinematic motion axis
- Lifelike feeling of a floor-mounted pendular yoke, reproduced on a desk or table
- Built-in, removable mounting system
- Linear force and smooth movements with an 8.3-inch / 21-cm movement range of travel on the pitch axis, thanks to 4 adjustable springs
- 100% metal internal structure for authenticity, sturdiness and durability
- Versatile design allowing for intuitive handling in all types of civil aviation
- 2 built-in axes for thrust control (or another user-mapped function)
- More than 18 action buttons, with an 8-way “point of view” hat switch and a mini-stick controller for a wide range of mapping options
- Proprietary magnetic technology (H.E.A.R.T™) for surgical precision (16-bit resolution on the main axes)
- Landing gear control feature included
- Mounting system, official Xbox® buttons, and audio port included
- Stand for tablet** or smartphone** for easily expanded display/functionality (**sold separately)
As for the quadrant system, it also offers autopilot controls from where you can manage, altitude, airspeed and heading. The 4 levers can be easily swapped, allowing a custom configuration of thrust levers, speed brakes and flaps according to your user preference.
The TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition supports PC and Xbox Series S|X, and it’s available today for pre-order. The TCA Quadrant Boeing Edition is also available as a standalone product. If you’re looking to buy just the yoke, you’ll have to wait until February to pre-order it, for delivery in March.
In terms of pricing, we’re looking at a steep proposition from Thrustmaster. Here’s how much each of the products cost:
– TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition — £449.99 / $499.99 / €499.99
– TCA Yoke Boeing Edition — £349.99 / $399.99 / €399.99
– TCA Quadrant Boeing Edition — £129.99 / $149.99 / €149.99