SoFly’s A Guide to Flight Simulator: Extended Edition is the best MSFS user manual you can get. Frequently updated and filled with useful and high-quality content, it’s a great resource for both new MSFS users and experienced simmers looking to learn about something in particular.
SoFly updated its guide this week with some exciting new features. Most notable is definitely the new in-sim toolbar utility, which enables quick and easy access to the guide without jumping out of the sim. In practice, this feature opens a pop-up window in MSFS that you can use to read all the 430 pages in the manual, and there’s even a search box to quickly find what you’re looking for. Obviously, being completely integrated inside MSFS, it’s also suitable for those flying in VR.
With this latest update, A Guide to Flight Simulator: Extended Edition is now at v1.30. Besides the aforementioned toolbar utility, the guide also includes now a tutorial dedicated to the Junkers Ju-52, and also detailed information about Sim Update 6, released this week with a massive list of changes and improvements.
As usual, this update is free to all existing customers. Despite the new availability of the guide inside MSFS, the PDF edition continues to come bundled with the package.
In-Sim Guide Features
- Read the guide directly from within the simulator. Simply open the guide using the in-sim toolbar. No performance impact.
- Use the search function to find exactly what you need
- Preview pages offer a quick overview across the hundreds of included page
- Compatible with VR displays and the built-in keyboard makes finding information even easier
- PDF editions are also included for use on external devices