Our growing list of aircraft in development for MSFS has seen many new changes over the last couple of months. Check below what’s new and stay up to date with what the community of developers has been working on. A detailed changelog is available at the bottom of the list.
More than a year after the release of Microsoft Flight Simulator, a vibrant third-party community of developers has settled in with an ever-growing number of airplanes for this new simulator. Seemingly every other day another project is unveiled, and it’s hard to keep track of everything that is under development and where to find some information about each project.
With our continuous coverage of what is going on in the world of Flight Simulator, we hope to be a good source for you in finding and learning about the most interesting airplanes currently being created for MSFS. To be even more helpful, we are compiling a useful list of (hopefully) every meaningful third-party aircraft in the pipeline for a release in Flight Simulator. A list that you will find below, continuously updated, searchable, sortable by developer and aircraft model.
We understand that many projects are either more obscure or have not yet been properly announced, so we ask for your input about anything that you know about that might be missing from this list. Let us know in the comments below about an aircraft that you know to be in active development, and we will quickly update the roster.
Without further ado, see below what is currently under development and find out if your favorite aircraft will soon come to MSFS. Last updated on November 23, 2021.
|A2A Simulations||Aerostar 600||Payware|
|A2A Simulations||Commanche 250||Payware|
|Aero Dynamics||KC-10 / DC-10||Freeware|
|Aeroplane Heaven||Avro Lancaster NX611||Payware|
|Aeroplane Heaven||Douglas DC-3||Payware|
|Aeroplane Heaven||P-51 Mustang||Payware|
|Aeroplane Heaven||North American Sabreliner||Payware|
|Aerosoft||Airbus A318/319, A320/321, A330||Payware|
|Asobo / Microsoft||ATR 42-600 & 72-600||Payware|
|Asobo / Microsoft / Orbx||Fokker F.VIIb/3m||Payware|
|Asobo / Microsoft||Antonov An-2||Payware|
|AzurPoly||Fouga CM.170 Magister||Payware|
|Carenado||Cessna 337 Skymaster||Payware|
|Classics Hanager||Klemm KL 25 D VII R||Payware|
|DC Designs||P-47 Thunderbolt||Payware|
|DC Designs||Northrop P-61B Black Widow||Freeware|
|Digital Flight Dynamics||Airbus A350-900 & A350-1000||Freeware|
|Fenix Simulations||Airbus A320||Payware|
|FlightFX||Cirrus SF50 Vision Jet||Payware|
|FlightSimGames (FSG)||Pilatus Porter PC-6||Payware|
|FLT Designs||Boeing 727-200||Freeware|
|Foxtrot Oscar Simulations Designs||L-39C/ZA||N/A|
|Foxtrot Oscar Simulations Designs||Shorts Tucano T1||N/A|
|Foxtrot Oscar Simulations Designs||Hawker Hunter Mk.58A||N/A|
|Foxtrot Oscar Simulations Designs||English Electra Canberra PR9||N/A|
|Got Friends||Mike Patey's Draco||Payware|
|Got Friends||Grumman F4F-4||Payware|
|Hype Performance Group||Airbus H145||$42.99|
|IndiaFoxtEcho||F-35 Lightning II||Payware|
|IRIS Simulations||Pilatus PC-9 and PC-24||Payware|
|IRIS Simulations||C-17 Globemaster||Payware||Hinted for 2022|
|Just Flight||Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer||Payware|
|Just Flight||Fokker F28 Fellowship||Payware|
|Just Flight||PA-38 Tomahawk||Payware|
|Just Flight||Bae 146 Professional||Payware|
|KAI 31||Tupolev Tu-134||Payware|
|Leonardo||Fly the Maddog X MD-80||Payware|
|Lionheart Creations||LearAvia 2100||Payware|
|Majestic Software||Dash 8-Q300/400||Payware|
|Marwan Gharib||HondaJet HA420||N/A|
|Milviz||F-100 Super Sabre||Payware|
|MRI Simulations||Boeing 787-900||Freeware|
|MRI Simulations||Piper PA-18 Super Cub||Freeware|
|NextGen Simulations||Embraer ERJ Series (135,140,145,145XR)||Payware|
|NextGen Simulations||Saab 340B & 2000||Payware|
|NL Project A34X||Airbus A340-600||Freeware|
|Ouroboros Jets||Embraer E170/175/190/195||Freeware|
|Ouroboros Jets||Aerostar 601P||Freeware|
|Parallel 42||Cessna T-50 bobcat||Payware|
|Parallel 42||Freedom Fox||Payware|
|PILOT'S||Boeing 314 Clipper||Payware|
|Pinpoint Simulations||Boeing 777-300||Freeware|
|Project A319||A319, B737||Freeware|
|Q4XL Developments||Bombardier Dash-8 Q400||Freeware|
|Qbit Simulations||Boeing 737-800||Freeware|
|QualityWings Simulations||Boeing 787 Collection||Payware|
|Sim4Flight x Digital Flight Dynamics||Airbus A350||Freeware|
|SimCoders x JRollon||SIAI Marchetti SF.260||Payware|
|SimWorks Studios||Daher Kodiak 100||Payware|
|SimWorks Studios||F-4B/N Phantom II||Payware|
|SimWorks Studios||Van’s RV-14||Payware|
|Skyline Simulations||Dash 8||Payware|
|Synaptic Simulations||Airbus A220-100 and A220-300||Freeware|
|Tactical Simulations||A318 to A330, Saab 340B, Fokker 27 to 100||N/A|
|Terrainy Studios||Van's RV-8||Payware|
|UFLY||Boeing 737-Max 8||Freeware|
|Whiskey Jet Simulations||Airbus A220-300||Payware|
- November 23, 2021 – Removed the Starfighter, Reno Air Races airplanes and the 5 GOTY airplanes, all now available. Added the Southern Cross (a Fokker F.VIIb/3m) and the Cessna Bobcat from Parallel 42.
- November 11, 2021 – Removed the Aerosoft CRJ 900/1000 and the Red Wing Super Constellation, both released this week. Updated info on Asobo/Microsoft upcoming airplanes (thanks Delta2k5!).
- November 6, 2021 – Added the KC-10 and DC-10 by Aero Dynamics, and the Fouga CM.170 Magister by Azurpoly.
- November 1, 2021 – Added the SimWorks Studio Van’s RV-14, the AH Sabreliner, Antonov An-2 (which replaced the one from ATSimulations), and the Just Flight BAe 146.
- October 16, 2021 – Added the FlightFX Cirrus SF50 Vision Jet, updated Information on the Milviz ATR-72-600.
- October 8, 2021 – Added the WelshSimulations A330 and B757, updated info on the Digital Flight Synamics A350 and updated the Project Mega Pack 737, now being developed by Qbit Simulations.
- October 3, 2021 – Added the iniBuilds A310-300 and removed the now released Aeroplane Heaven Electra 10-A and FlyingIron’s P-38L Lightning.
- September 28, 2021 – Added the Draco and Grumman F4F-4 from Got Friends, Aeroplane Heaven Electra 10-A, PA-38 Tomahawk from Just Flight, TFDi’s MD-11 and new info about the Boeing 247D from Wing42. Remover the Junkers Ju-52, released today.
- September 21, 2021 – Removed the ParallelFS 757 (cancelled). Updated info about the Tu-134, DC Designs Concorde and A-1H Skyraider.
- September 16, 2021 – Removed the Aeroplane Heaven Spitfire Mk1A and Rotor Sim Pilot R44, now released.
- September 11, 2021 – Updated info about the FlyingIron Simulations P-38L.
- September 10, 2021 – Updated info about the DC Designs P-61P Black Widow.
- September 5, 2021 – Added the Project Mega Pack Boeing 737-800.
- September 2, 2021 – Removed the Gee Bee R3 Special, now available.
- August 31th, 2021 – Added the Lionheart Creations LearAvia 2100
- August 30th, 2021 – Added the IRIS Simulations C-17 Globemaster and France-VFR CANSO PBY-5A.
- August 26th, 2021 – Added new aircraft from Asobo (the F/A-18, VoloCity and Reno racing airplanes). Removed the AzurPoly BD-5J, released today.
- August 23th, 2021 – Some clean-up on freeware projects.
- August 21th, 2021 – Removed the Big Radials Nieuport 17 and IRIS Simulations Tutor T.1, released today. Added the AzurPoly BD-5J Microjet and a bunch of stuff from Tactical Simulations and Project A319.
- August 20th, 2021 – Added a bunch of stuff from Milviz, Carenado’s 337 Skymaster, Leonardo’s Maddog MD-80 and FlyingIron Simulations P-38 Lightning. Abandonware cleanup. (thanks Tom and COLFork85!)
- August 19th, 2021 – First version of this list, based around our own knowledge, bigifooti’s contribution on AVSIM and a publicly available list of unknown origin.
Below, our latest aircraft news from the world of Microsoft Flight Simulator
- The PMDG Douglas DC-6 is now available in the MSFS MarketplaceXbox pilots just got the most detailed aircraft simulation ever available in consoles.
- PMDG sold more DC-6 in MSFS than in any other platforms combined, 737 unlikely for this yearListen to this great interview from Robert Randazzo for Sky Blue Radio, where he talks about future plans for MSFS, the unexpected success of the DC-6, and much more.
- Aeroplane Heaven gives us a sneak peek of its P-51D Mustang for MSFSThe Mustang will come with a selection of fifteen military and civilian liveries and a bunch of customisation options.