The Junkers Ju-52 is now available for Microsoft Flight Simulator
The Flight Simulator team has finally released today the Junkers Ju-52 for MSFS. The Ju-52 is the first of a series of “Local Legends“, historic and regionally famous aircraft that will be released together with the World Updates. The Ju-52 arrives in line with this idea, after the release of World Update VI, being a famous airplane especially in Germany, where it’s also known as “Tante Ju” (Aunt Ju).
The team went to great lengths to digitally preserve the JU-52 in Flight Simulator. They worked with Bernd Junkers, the grandson of the original creator of the JU-52 (Hugo Junkers), who has a large number of insider materials about the aircraft. They also had the help of an organization that preserves one of the last surviving examples of the JU-52, which has enabled the developers to fully scan the plane from inside-out, in order to achieve an unprecedented level of detail that goes down to 1mm.
Check the gorgeous release trailer below for some stunning images of the aircraft in Flight Simulator.
The Ju-52 is now available in the MSFS Marketplace for just €15.00.
1930s airliners have suddenly appeared under the spotlight in the world of Microsoft Flight Simulator. Besides the release today of the Ju-52, this week we also saw promising images of similar airplanes from the same time: the Boeing 247D and the Electra 10-A.
As for the Ju-52, you can read more details about the whole project in the official blog post from the Flight Simulator team.
- Crew: Two
- Capacity: 17 passengers
- Length: 19 m (62 ft)
- Wingspan: 29 m (96 ft)
- Height: 5.5 m (18.2 ft)
- Wing area: 110.50 m2 (1,189.4 sq ft)
- Empty weight: 5,720 kg (12,610 lb)
- Gross weight: 9,500 kg (20,944 lb)
- Max takeoff weight: 10,499 kg (23,146 lb)
- Powerplant: 3 × BMW 132A-3 9-cylinder 725hp air-cooled radial piston engines
- Maximum speed:
- 265.5 km/h (165.0 mph, 143.4 kn) at sea level
- 276.8 km/h (172.0 mph; 149.5 kn) at 910 m (3,000 ft)
- Cruise speed:
- 246 km/h (153 mph, 133 kn) maximum continuous at 910 m (3,000 ft)
- 209 km/h (130 mph; 113 kn) economical cruise
- Range: 998 km (620 mi, 539 nmi)
- Service ceiling: 5,900 m (19,360 ft)
- Rate of climb: 3.9 m/s (770 ft/min)