Just two days after the announcement and first preview images, Orbx released today its next installment in the ‘Landmarks’ series for Flight Simulator. This time it’s the metropolis city of Dubai, which gets a very impressive upgrade with over 200 custom landmarks, completely transforming the city and giving it the appreciation it deserves in MSFS.
Dubai has grown dramatically over the past few decades, becoming a very popular international hub and destination, famous for its extravagance and ultramodern architecture. In Flight Simulator, the city is severely underrepresented, with only a handful of landmarks to show. This changes now with Orbx’s Dubai City Pack, which completely overhauls the city with a large collection of stunning new buildings that capture Dubai’s rich variety of architectural styles.
As usual with Orbx’s Landmarks series, we have two kinds of landmarks here. There are 22 high-detail custom landmarks whose details can be appreciated even from up close, which include Atlantis The Palm, Royal Atlantis, Jumeirah Gate, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, The Address high-rises, and Dubai Frame. Additionally, the Dubai Eye and the trains in the Palm Jumeirah Monorail have been animated.
Then, there are 185 medium-detail landmarks, which complete the iconic cityscape with the shapes of all those high-rise buildings we are used to seeing in the city. This also includes improvements to the six default landmarks, like the Burj Khalifa and Burj Al Arab.
Also included with this release is a custom-modeled virtual version of OMDU Skydive Dubai, the unusual floating runway that is used for skydiving flights.
To complete the package, Orbx provides some broad improvements to the area with new custom orthoimagery, improved placement of buildings and vegetation, additional static trains, boats, cranes and chimneys, and extensive terraforming across the coverage area, so that all these new landmarks sit perfectly in the sim’s terrain.
This all gets together to form a striking new representation of Dubai and its famous cityscape, a destination that we are sure will now appeal to many flight simmers!
Landmarks Dubai City Pack is now available through Orbx Direct for a very attractive price: $7.59 | €6,35 | £5.45 | $9.99 AUD.
- 22 high-detail custom landmarks including Atlantis The Palm, Royal Atlantis, Jumeirah Gate, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, The Address highrises, Dubai Frame, and the Ain Dubai ferris wheel
- 185 medium-detail custom landmarks, balancing quality and performance
- Coloured night lighting and other enhancements for the six default landmark buildings, including Burj Khalifa and Burj Al Arab
- OMDU Skydive Dubai is modeled with its unusual raised concrete platform runway and small terminal building
- Custom orthoimagery from the Palm Jumeirah area in the south to just west of Dubai International Airport
- Many enhancements to the city and surrounding areas: improved vegetation and building placements, static trains and boats, cranes, chimneys, etc.
- Extensive terraforming across the coverage area, enhancing how the custom landmarks sit within the simulator’s terrain
- Custom night lighting based on real-world photography