Update: Just Flight has confirmed that the Warrior II is in its final development stage, and should be out within the next few weeks!
Just Flight has new airplanes in the pipeline for MSFS, after the successful release of the Arrow III and Turbo Arrow III/IV. Just yesterday we had a glimpse into the current progress with the Hawk T1/A, and today we got some new images of the Warrior II, which was announced just a month ago.
In the official development blog, Just Flight shared these images that show additional liveries and several details from the interior and exterior of the aircraft. These show some of the visual differences between the Warrior and the previously released Arrows.
Just Flight is looking to recreate a very detailed PA28-161 Warrior II, in line with the work that the developers did with the Arrow. So much so that the team is modelling a real-world aircraft, G-BOZI, based at Conington Airfield, in the UK.
Another interesting feature of the Warrior will be the support for a third-party avionics package, the excellent GTN 750 mod.
These new images are what we have for now, so stay tuned for further updates. In the meantime, check the Warrior’s official development page on Just Flight’s website, or read below all the detailed information about this upcoming GA aircraft for MSFS.
- Accurately modelled PA-28-161 Warrior II, built using real-world aircraft plans and comprehensive photography of the real aircraft
- Numerous animations including passenger door, baggage door, cockpit storm window, sun visors and oil cover
- Ground equipment including chocks, tie-downs and pushback towbar
- 4096×4096 textures are used to produce the highest possible texture clarity
- PBR (Physically Based Rendering) materials with real-time environment reflections for superb quality and realism
- Detailed normal mapping for down-to-the-rivet precision of aircraft surfaces
- Ground services support (marshaller and fuel truck)
- Full support for MSFS visual icing effects
- A truly 3D virtual cockpit right down to accurately modelled seat belts and screw heads – every instrument is constructed fully in 3D with smooth animations
- Cockpit textures feature wear and tear based on reference photos taken in the real aircraft to produce an authentic environment, with optional ‘clean’ textures for a less worn look
- Dimmable instrument, radio and dome lighting, with separate control circuits
- Tablet EFB for controlling various aircraft options, and checking aircraft and flight information:
- ‘Cold & Dark’, ‘Ready for Take-off’ and ‘Ready for Start’ aircraft states
- Persistent aircraft states, allowing you to always return to your cockpit in the same state that you last left it
- Automatic switching of the fuel tanks for use on those long distance cross-country flights
- GPS unit selection – GPS 100, GPS 100, GNS 430/GNS 530 and GTN 750 (requires freeware PMS-50 GTN 750)
- Direction Indicator (DI) or Horizontal Situation Indicator (HSI) instrument options
- Aircraft failures (spark plug fouling, vapour lock, oil use and battery failure)
- Passenger, baggage and oil inspection door controls
- Flight computer with useful information such as fuel burn, endurance, speed and wind speed/direction
- Fully functional and comprehensive IFR capable avionics fit including:
- KMA 20 audio selector unit
- KX 170B COM 1 / NAV 1 radio
- KX 175B COM 2 / NAV 2 radio
- KN 62 DME unit which can display information from NAV 1, NAV 2 or its own inbuilt receiver (NAV 3)
- Century 21 autopilot with lateral hold modes – HDG, NAV, APR, REV (altitude hold clickspot included)
- KT 76A transponder unit
- KR 85 ADF unit with ADF/ANT/BFO modes, and support for fractional frequencies, e.g. 383.3
- GPS 100, GNS 430/GNS 530 and GTN 750 (requires freeware PMS-50 GTN 750)
- HSI/OBS support RNAV approach indications
- Yoke-mounted flight timer/clock
- Independently operated left and right (standby) altimeter, with mb and inHG barometric scales depending on units of measure setting
- Developed using the latest MSFS standards, including intuitive and easy-to-use controls for rotary knobs, multi-position switches and levers
- Fully compatible with MSFS VR mode
- Custom-coded fuel system including the option to have automatic switching of the fuel tanks for use on those long distance cross-country flights
- Custom-coded electrical system with functional circuit breakers, avionics power circuit and emergency bus controls
- Functioning carburettor and primer controls
- Failures including spark plug fowling, limited battery life, vapor lock and more
- Lighting system includes separate lighting control for instruments (via rheostat) and realistic implementation of navigation light / radio light rheostat
- Many other details, such as a passenger door that automatically closes with airflow and vibrating engine exhausts!
- Full support for MSFS checklists (manual and automatic/co-pilot modes)
The Just Flight Warrior II features a MSFS-native (Wwise) sound package taking full advantage of the new capabilities. Every little detail has been faithfully recreated based on high fidelity recordings from real life PA-28s.
- Original Lycoming O-320 engine samples
- Detailed physics-based effects on engine and wind noise
- Authentic audio for every switch, button, lever and electrical systems
- Accurately positioned 3D sound sources (best enjoyed in VR!)
- Custom crash and scraping effects
- Background panel rattle on low engine RPMs and more!
The Warrior II is supplied in the following eight paint schemes:
- G-BOZI (UK)
- G-OPTI (UK)
- G-SIXT (UK – BOAC flying club)
- N8289A (USA)
- D-EIIT (Germany)
- F-GEDO (France)
- C-FOEC (Canada)
- VH-BVM (Australia)
- Realistic and accurate flight dynamics based on real world performance and handling data, and input from Warrior pilots
- Comprehensive manual with panel guide and performance data
- PSD Paint Kit included so you can create your own paint schemes