Hot on the heels of the highly successful release of the Piper PA-28R Arrow III for MSFS (check our review here), Just Flight released today the first update to the aircraft, quickly answering to some of the very few criticisms that simmers had with the first version of the aircraft.
Most notably, this new version (0.2.0) adds the much requested icing effects, which were missing from the first version. You will now see ice forming on the glass and surfaces of the airplane when conditions are met.
The visual qualities of the Arrow III were mostly praised, with most criticism going to some less than excellent details on the airplane’s exterior and in less visible areas inside the cockpit. This should also be improved now, with improved texture detail and the addition of decals in some areas, which should greatly improve text detail and readability at all distances.
The prop animation is also fixed in this version. Some users reported an “jittery” animation that could be distracting, and it should now be smoother.
Besides these more visible overhauls, there’s a series of fixes and improvements in several areas. You can check the full changelog below, or in the official Just Flight page here.
To get the updated version, simply go to your Just Flight account and re-download the product. After installing, you should have the updated version on your hangar.
– Icing effects added
– Propeller animations fixed
– Improvements to exterior surface detail and decals added for higher texture resolution in previously lower resolution exterior and cockpit areas
– GNS 430/530 – Power functionality and backlighting added, 2D pop-outs fixed
– Fuel selector can now be controlled using ‘FUEL SELECTOR 1 LEFT/OFF/RIGHT’ assignments
– Tweaks to autopilot roll control
– Improvements to FDE – idle RPM fixed, vibration/wobble reduced
– VR compatibility fixes
– Support added for the following ‘set’ control assignments – Battery, alternator, beacon light, landing light, navigation lights, strobe lights, pitot heat
– Landing light illumination area increased
– Cockpit texture resolution no longer reduced with lower graphical settings selected
– Autopilot and navigation lights circuit breakers now affect associated systems
– Autopilot heading mode active without autopilot engaged – fixed
– Tutorial flight files added
– Engine priming and start tweaked for greater realism, manual updated to provide more information on engine priming before start up
– Wind direction reversed on EFB – fixed
– Navigation mode will now default to VLOC/NAV unless state saving is enabled and GPS mode was selected on previous flight
– CDI on NAV/OBS 1 now responds correctly to GPS course
– GPS 100 sometimes stuck in self-test mode – fixed
– Manual changes to transponder code sometimes not triggering response from ATC – fixed
– Transponder mode changes not being recognised by ATC – fixed
– Rudder trim direction reversed – fixed
– COM and NAV audio idents – fixed
– EFB and GPS 100 displays no longer refresh when not in use for improved performance (FPS). EFB automatically turns off when hidden.
– OAT indicator fixed
– ELT set to ON when selecting cold & dark state – fixed
– Environment (e.g. cloud, taxi markings) sometimes visible in footwell – fixed
– inHG barometric setting option added to altimeters
– Mixture ‘decrease incrementally’ assignment fixed
– Custom registration decals now remain visible at a greater distance (lower LOD)
– Gear mechanism animation fixes