Sim Skunk Works (SSW) have released their first aircraft for MSFS: the Fiat Aeritalia G-91, an Italian jet fighter that was introduced in the 50’s, but stayed in active duty for more than 35 years. The G-91 was mostly used by the Italian, German and Portuguese air forces.
This one was flying under the radar and comes as a somewhat unexpected release. Let’s change that I get to know a little more about this project from Sim Skunk Works, as it seems to be a gem that everyone who loves military jets should consider!
SSW are no rookies when it comes to aircraft development for flight simulators. Their Tornado, for instance, is a praised airplane that is widely regarded as one the best simulations of its kind for FSX and P3D. Those who’re familiar with it will be happy to know that the Tornado is also on the pipeline for MSFS, aiming for a release a bit later in the year.
Now, SSW’s first release for MSFS, the Aeritalia G-91, is proving to be an excellent first entry into the new simulator, with excellent internal and external texturing, flight dynamics and systems’ depth. Early reviews from simmers are very good, even putting it side to side with another lauded military jet already available for MSFS: the Aermacchi MB-339.
The G-91 for MSFS comes with an external configurator that allows some aircraft settings and features to be customised. There’s also 6 different liveries, representing ehe Aeronautica Military Italian, the German Luftwaffe, Força Aérea Portuguesa and USAF.
Overall, the Fiat Aeritalia G-91 totally deserves your attention and is one of the best third-party airplanes currently available for MSFS. Now available for just under 25€.
- Highly detailed 3D cockpit, fully animated and working
- Frame rate friendly in single and multiplayer
- 3 models: R1, R3 and PAN (to be delivered soon)
- Highly detailed, high definition, PBR textures
Almost all real system have been modelled and working as the real thing
- Flight dynamics modelled close to real aircraft performances tables
- DDIS (Dynamic Drag Index System)
- Aircraft configurator for payload and refuelling
- Weapon system to carry and drop bombs
- Payload fully congruent in both single and multiplayer mode
- Payload drop actually changes aircraft weight, balance and drag index (DDIS)
- Model comes with complete documentations
- Normal/weapons procedures checklists
- A brief tutorial
- Real aircraft manual R1 (Italian) and R3 (English)