It feels strange to use SimToolkitPro for MSFS (Flight Simulator). Not in a bad way, mind you, but because you can’t help but wonder why it’s free. It’s so good, so comprehensive, and it looks so polished that it feels like you should be paying for it. An all-in-tool tool to plan your flights, get live ATC information and traffic, logbook, landing analysis, charts… and the list goes on and on. For free! This thing is a gem.
What started in early 2019 as a small project to get better data about landings, quickly went on to become a comprehensive tool that anyone should at least consider. It supports many platforms and simulators and was on the forefront of new addons for Flight Simulator 2020.
SimToolkitPro allows you to plan your flights through SimBrief, so you get all the bells and whistles that come with that. Complete control of your routes from departure to destination, with specific cruise data, aircraft weights, passenger counts, and more.
Besides, you also get access to a real-time map that shows online ATC coverage from all major networks like VATSIM and IVAO, with access to many information from each one. And you can even fly a route from one of your favorite airlines.
But there’s more, like a detailed logbook and a landing performance tracker, so you can get a better sense of your flights and learn with all the new data.
The feature list is long, and a testament to how complete this incredible free tool already is. Check the full list below and don’t forget to give it a try!
FULL FEATURE LIST
- Support for FSX, FSX:SE, Prepar3D v4, Prepar3D v5, X-Plane 11, and Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Clients for Windows, Mac OS and Linux
- Flight planning and dispatching through SimBrief, with flight and route editing
- Flight Logbook with archiving of OFPs and route data
- Airport Database with live METAR
- Detailed Landing Reporting with advanced touchdown telemetry
- Local data storage (with free cloud backup)
- Streaming overlay that can be fully customised with templating and CSS
- Live Map with full FIR data support for VATSIM and IVAO ATC
- Display of network flights for VATSIM, IVAO, PilotEdge and STKP users
- Taxi overlay for any airport in the world covered by OSM data
- Custom schedule for saving flights for future dispatch
- Searchable real world routes database with airline search and filter
- Real world charts with significant global coverage
- Charts pullout tab for Navigraph Charts and ChartFox
- Support for ActiveSky and VATSIM weather sources
- Integrated data recorder will record any landing detected when connected to the sim
- Import your flight data from other services, or manual import
- Fleet manager with custom airframes and advanced SimBrief airframe design
- Checklists with import/export for sharing and an always on top popout for showing over the sim
- Wind calculator with automated lookup of metar for selected runway
Don’t forget to check our Freeware section for the best free addons for Microsoft Flight Simulator!