TropicalSim has released their depiction of Rio de Janeiro’s second most important airport, the famous Santos-Dumont airport. And why is it famous, you ask? Well, the airport is surrounded by water and its two runways are very short, among the shortest in the world where an Airbus A320 or Boeing 737 is able to land.
Despite these challenges, the landings and departures are very scenic, with Rio de Janeiro downtown, world-famous beaches and the iconic Sugar Loaf stealing all attention.
This new airport from TropicalSim features all the most recent changes in the buildings, like the new LATAM logo (replacing TAM), and the updated shopping mall where VARIG’s headquarters used to be. So, a very up-to-date version of this Rio de Janeiro airport for MSFS.
Here are the main features:
- Highly detailed Rio de Janeiro Santos-Dumont / SBRJ
- Full night illumination
- See-through windows with detailed interior for glass terminal and lobby
- Former Varig and Vasp headquarters transformed into shopping mall
- Taxiway extension included
- Native MSFS Dynamic Lighting
- Functional glass model animated jetway
- Seamless integration with default MSFS scenery
- Usage of MSFS SDK FlightSim Materials
- Usage of MSFS SDK native gITF models
Santos-Dumont airport is now available at Simmarket for around $20, and there’s discounts available to owners of the previous FSX and P3D versions.
Learn more about airport news and releases for Flight Simulator in our dedicated section!